Probably Cara's favorite game to play right now. The other day I was all set up on this end and she was trying to guess my pattern. She put down her first guess and I tried to let her know which ones were the right colors but had to move to a different spot. Instead of concentrating on what I was saying she tried to peek over the guard to get herself situated.
"Cara, you can't do that," I told her, "that's cheating and it's not right." She kind of grinned and sighed and went on to plot out her second guess. Again, she tried to check her guess against my pattern, not actually thinking about the cheating but probably more likely just thinking it was easier for her to picture it if she just saw what she was doing wrong as opposed to me trying to describe it to her :)
I explained once more that she wasn't allowed to look, it took away the fun of the guessing. So she sighed again and said with a very straight face and VERY twinkling eyes, "Mama, can I be on your team for a minute?"
3 comments:
Oh man, I haven't seen that game for a long time.
Sounds like your girl takes after her mom a little bit!! I can just here you laughing when she said that!!
That made me laugh a lot! What a girl!
It never failed when I babysat either, "Auntie Laura has to play with MEEEE!!" [Mastermind of course!] And often enough I would have to cover my colors completely or she would see exactly what I put down :)
Post a Comment