Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sometimes the Mom just bombs the supper.

It was pork loin, the kind that comes in a big long package at Costco. At 2:30 the slow cooker had it smelling so yummy I lifted the lid to have a few taste bites and I told myself, "self, if you're not careful it's going to be too dry by supper" but despite the admonition I let it dry out. There was still enough juice in the bottom I decided to be too lazy to break out more dishes for gravy and proceeded to pour the juice over their potatoes.

It was only after Steve's 4th glass of milk that I thought it was time to lighten up the whole disastrous affair.

"It would have been cheaper to make gravy," I muttered across the table at him with a pointed look at his hand on the jug.

And the kids who didn't hear the comment were offended and mad that Dad was laughing for 5 minutes straight because they sure didn't find anything funny about this meal that "could have used more moisure!" (thank you very much, Leah, I'll try to remember that for next time.)

2 comments:

Marian said...

Ahh, don't 'cha just love them! Glad to read you are all feeling well enough to eat deliciousness!

Jeane` said...

Haha! Love it!

I make that very same Pork Loin all the time...love those 2 (really 4) packs! And here is THE BEST WAY EVER to make it (in my humble opinion). My friend told me about it and I serve it over brown rice. It is SO delicious and will fill your house up with it's savory smell! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tasty-tender-pork-tenderloin/detail.aspx