We got in some more snuggles. This "little one" is a whole lot bigger than yesterday's little one!
What I still haven't shared with you is the fact that I just came back from spending an entire week with these precious ones and their mommy and daddy! My purpose was to go out to visit Brody and Care, help Care paint her new to her/old house and have a little vacation. Well, I did get to go, I spent an entire week delighting in Clayton come running around a corner to cheerfully call out, "NAN!", an entire week sticking my face in Gavin's and nibbling his oh so delicious cheeks, an entire week sleeping the night through, an entire week not doing too much more useful than just being there and giving Care the pleasure of my company. :) And it was such a WONDERFUL way to spend the week. Too bad for me I think there are a grand total of 5 pictures of the entire week. One of Care and I in our painting clothes... you can read about that here, one of me inhaling Gavin, one of me snuggling Clayton and reading him a book and the other 2 were probably outtakes, if they exist at all.
See? So relaxing I didn't even take pictures!
There were wonderful things that didn't get recorded via digital file... spending the evening with Care and Brody and the choir Care directs, accompanies, teaches :) ; eating supper at the Texas Roadhouse with their delicious food, casual peanuts and incredible cinnamon butter and warm rolls! ; watching Clayton delight in being at the farm which he hopes to move to soon, spending time with his Daddy and Papa in the barn, listening to Care teach piano to her students, feeding Gavin bottles until he slept in my arms and on and on.
One of the biggest advantages to this visit? Clayton coming to us and actually not only recognizing me but being excited to see me instead of wondering who this strange lady fawning over him was.
And so I've come full circle, back to being hugely grateful for how my visit there is making their visit here so wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment