So tonight, for reasons you really don't want me to discuss I had to take Cody out of the bathroom and carefully remove his shirt. He insisted he wanted a new shirt (even though he refuses to wear pants and informed me that without a shirt he looked like a swimmer) before he went back to the supper table.
So, I reached in the drawer and pulled out the first one I got my hands on. Unfortunately, because he had been messing with his drawers the one I got was one from the bottom, one he'd never worn before. He screwed up his nose, eyes, well his entire face into the most I-don't-think-so look ever and asked me, "Mama, is that a shirt for boys?" I assured him it was and he finally allowed me to slip this horizontal striped turtleneck over his head. "I fought it was a girl shirt to put on Cara!" he declared.
Thankfully, he decided to trust my judgement and take me at my word. But he was awfully close to saying, that don't look like no boy's shirt I've ever worn and I don't intend to let it past my ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment