Currently I have one pan of spaghetti sauce on the stove with burned ground beef. I forgot about it. And that's what happens when I forget.
Currently I have a 9 x 13 pan of blackened baked goods on my back lawn. I also forgot about it. I blame it on the blackened ground beef. I couldn't smell the baked goods until they were near flames because I was still trying to recover from the first nasal assault.
For those of you who would lovingly remind me of the purpose of the timer? You would be delighted to know that while I was typing this up Leah's voice finally broke through my cloud of concentration, "Mom, the timers going, you're going to burn your next batch if you don't get it out of the oven!"
But the very biggest problem of all?? The name of the charcoaled baked goods????
NEVER FAIL CHOCOLATE CHIP SQUARES
There ought to be a law against false guarantees like that!
been one of those kinds of days.
6 comments:
Glad I could share in a small part of it. hugs to you for listening :) and being there!
Hi Leanne,
Poor you! So frustrating. I have done it before, a huge pan of applesauce!
How about sending me the recipie for those never fail chocalate chip cookies. Thanks.
Love,
Aunt Mary
thanks for making me smile on 'one of those days' here! :) keep up your good work. at least you did not have the smoke alarm going off like me !!!
I know someone you could call for some sympathy.... spoke to her this afternoon. It sounded like her day went alot like yours, and as we were talking, she had to get off the phone in a REAL HURRY to clean up the next disaster. I laughed and told her to call you....
i hear u. i turn on my timers and then don't hear them all the time. u know what happens
Thanks for the laugh:) Although I can't talk since I've boiled oil on the stove and had the fire department out here before. Hope your day gets better!
Post a Comment