You know you don't get much snow where you live when 6:30 breakfast attire included snow suits, gloves and toques!

I could have written an entire post about the following hour of trying to make sure the kids were ready for the bus 10 minutes early, everyone happy with the snow apparel they were awarded with and the impatience of the littles waiting their turn to be outside ready. That post would have included themes like extreme elevated blood pressure, crying, whining, waiting bus and patient bus driver and a Mom ready to let them all take care of themselves while she went and crawled back in bed. But we got Sam and Leah on the bus and Cara, Cody and Cam dressed and outside by 7:35. After all the previous snot and tears I was pleasantly surprised to have so much fun with them out there for the next hour and a half.
By 8:00 we had 4 snowmen made, Cara, Cody, Cam and Papa. By 8:04 all four snowmen lay in heaps and the rascals were started on new snow friends before I could even properly document the construction and destruction of the first set.
100% boy.

I apologized to them that the snowman turned out so snow lady-ish but the didn't seem to mind one bit :) As a total side note I found it very interesting that two 3 year olds, who couldn't draw a person even if bribed with candy, were so able to pick out rocks for eyes, sticks for noses, smile and arms and place them so correctly. There must be some kind of research out there in regards to this kind of learning. I did help them lock that smile in place but otherwise I thought they did impressively.

It was a fun morning but I will admit I wasn't one bit sad when they showed no interest in going out again Monday morning. Sometimes half the battle is convincing the dresser upper that the fun the dressees will have is worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment