Saturday, October 1, 2011

when you should pay attention to your gut

"where's the twins?" I asked Sam and Cam while they played a game and I folded laundry quietly upstairs. It was too quiet. It had been too long since I had checked on the twins and my mother-fifth-sense-beacon-light was flashing red warning signals at my brain.
Just finish the wash and go check, I told myself. But too bad for me, that wasn't quick enough.
Not 2 minutes later Cara came flying up the stairs, "I sorry, Mama, I sorry, I din' mean too, it was a asident" and she threw herself at my arms and mercy.
I couldn't get too much of the story she was telling as she was too busy saying sorry and trying to placate my anger before I could even figure out what I should be mad about but I did think I heard "glass" and "throw it." So I picked her up and let her hug my neck as she nervously chattered her sorry's on the way downstairs.

And this is what we found inside Leah's room. A jar of BBQ sauce with both it's bottom and top broken off and sauce splattered here and there.
She and Cody had filled up her little shopping cart with items from the pantry and for some reason were throwing them all about Leah's room. ??? I have no idea why but I am ever so thankful that 4 of the items were canned goods and 1 a pkg. of soup mix.
As for the 6th item? Why yes, that was the bottle of SWEET & STICKY BBQ sauce I had picked up on sale and stored in the pantry.

I went to put Leah's wash away before and was surprised for a moment went my socks refused to glide across the floor.
Aparently one wash with Pine-Sol wasn't enough!

6 comments:

Marian said...

Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Better that than gas all over the lawn - no? Don't worry I do feel sorry for you, probably more than most people, as I am one of those fortunate few who know exactly how those things come about at the most opportune times. At least Leah can practice cartwheels in her bedroom now without her feet slipping out from under her.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Oh, my!

Jeane` said...

Praise the Lord for hardwood flooring! I know that warning siren well, and I also know the pull to at least get done what you are doing, 'cause deep inside, you know what you'll be doing next is cleaning up 'goodness knows what'.

Michelle Vandepol said...

love jeane's comment :)
think of all the survival skills you are building for grandmotherhood when their numbers will be multiplied. read my photo session status line if you want to feel better ;)

Greta and Gary said...

I'm just happy for you that you have hardwood flooring in Leah's room and it wasn't in a room with carpet. That would have been much harder to clean!