Friday, October 14, 2011

Priceless and Telling conversation

This afternoon after spending some time outside all the kids headed downstairs to play Mom & Dad. Not all were as willing. So Sam figured a way out of his dilemma.
"I have to go to work," he declared and headed upstairs to play with his new playmobile in utter peace and quiet. He was after all the construction worker on the excavator! His ruse worked quite a long time but 2 minutes ago Leah started getting suspicious and came stomping upstairs declaring it was time for Dad to come home.
Sam, realizing the gig was up, waited for her to come into hearing distance and then before she could utter a word stated, "And Dad was VERY late for supper tonight!" Hilarious.
But it only got better from there.
"Dad, you need to come home," Leah demanded, "I need your help. The kids are all being bad and I don't know what to make for supper!"
Hmmm, sounds like someone else I know... ;)

2 comments:

Marian said...

Hilarious!
Tell Leah to make sure she always has a dozen hotdog weiners in the freezer for days like that.

LeanneM said...

LOVE how we hear ourselves in them LOL! Hugs, L