Today I went to the university. For years I've let the dental hygenist and dental assistant students practice on my teeth. It's easier on the pocket book.
But never before today did I have an experience like I had this morning. Upon arriving on the parking lot and searching for an empty spot I came across a familiar little black car (full of dents :) ) And right next to that little black car? An empty spot.
So I parked my van and hopped out feeling a little wierd. You see, I had parked next to my baby sister. The one who started grade 1 the day I started my post secondary education at the same institution we were both at today. And the feeling only got weirder (in a really neat and special way) when she called my name and gave me a hug when she spotted me in the waiting area. She was the one in her element now, I the one feeling a little out of place and like a visitor. She the confident one spending hours upon hours cementing friendships through the tortures of intense classtime common to nursing student classmates. I, the one on the outside, a bit of an intruder. My years of wandering through these buildings and considering it my domain were some 13 years past.
It made me feel old.
And it made me wish I had brought a Timmy's card to leave under her window wiper ;)
2 comments:
:D:D:D Sounds like a good moment, despite the old feeling! And your final comment gave me a grin ;)
awe thanks deary! it was great to see you :) except my friends said "she's too tiny to be your big sister" ;)
xo
Post a Comment