One of the things about having a secret friend is the feeling of being spoiled. I'll admit it, I'm a presents & surprises kind of person. Doesn't have to be huge or even big. For me, it's all about the finding something with my name on it and discovering the surprise within. I'll also admit I love to eat yummy things. So, imagine my delight when I found a big snowman tin with MY name on it in the church fridge. It was filled to the brim with a variety of delicious tidbits. I'm thinking my secret pal is an amazing baker. Think chewy ginger snaps, tiny shortbread balls dipped in milk chocolate, covered with white chocolate shavings, think a yummy version of nanimo bars and almond filled cookies. I told you I was spoiled! Thanks, SP, that tin was a wonderful find!
Another sweet friend popped a little box in my mailbox. That little box packed a big punch of the gift card type. This Mama is now heading for a pedicure, the first ever! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, Steph!
A few people asked me what I did for Leah's teacher this year. I covered this photo album with the intention of writing 2009 on the label so she would have a place to put all the pictures that come around now. But I know some people like to hang the pictures about the house so I decided to forego a date. Hopefully it will come in handy either for last year's pictures, this year's pictures or some other pictures all together. (the one drawback of this album is that it fits 4x6 pictures so you either have to trim a few photos or leave them out.)
I also made the card which I included only because I am tickled with these flowers right now. Took an old (sappy) novel and started punching flowers. Stacked the flowers - at least 8-10, secured with a brad, scrunched and then inked the edges. A super cheap but wow embellishment. (Always check the content of the top flower :) )Another sweet friend popped a little box in my mailbox. That little box packed a big punch of the gift card type. This Mama is now heading for a pedicure, the first ever! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, Steph!
A few people asked me what I did for Leah's teacher this year. I covered this photo album with the intention of writing 2009 on the label so she would have a place to put all the pictures that come around now. But I know some people like to hang the pictures about the house so I decided to forego a date. Hopefully it will come in handy either for last year's pictures, this year's pictures or some other pictures all together. (the one drawback of this album is that it fits 4x6 pictures so you either have to trim a few photos or leave them out.)
Well, my little Cody is not finding it possible or desirable to go to sleep so I think I better make a visit to his bedroom for some snuggles.
Some more pictures soon - maybe even tonight.

3 comments:
what an awsome idea for the flower... be you are right about the top flower hehe!!!
love that flower... and the one on my book too!! Thanks so much for that book!
Sweet embellishment Leanne! And fits the budget too, gotta love that! How you find the time...wow. Have a great day! Enjoy all that wonderful snow yah?
Post a Comment