Saturday, August 15, 2009

A (partial) week in review

Soccer on the lawn one night.
A pillow fight between Cam and Auntie Shelly. Notice how he was smart enough to use the coffee table for a bit of height advantage.
Last night we had a bit of a campout. All good camping trips include a bit of biking. Cam got a bit of a push up the hill from Gramma.
Leah and Sam took turns leading a rousing rendition of follow the leader with Gramps...how come GRANDkids get away with leaving skid marks on the driveway?!!!
Sam took this photo as we sat outside having a camping party... marshmellows and pepsi :) Steve spent a night in the tent trailer with Leah, Sam and Cam. One of Steve's aunts wrote an email addressing Steve as an awesome nephew. Well, I don't know how he is as a nephew but I sure have to say I love him as our children's dad.
This morning Auntie Shelly got to sleep in (she starts work at 6:00 so 8:30 is a nice change) and those few extra hours made her so energetic she created two tents for the kids to play in. The first was in the living room and not so extravagant but the one she made downstairs had a kitchen, hallway, bathroom etc! She's good.
And by the time the "tent" was done the kids were ready for a change in scenery and so they went outside for a bit of baseball.


Poor Uncle Brian. He doesn't know the difference between a baseball bat and a lacrosse stick! ;)
Shelly and I have done a couple things together including a work out night and a dash around at 8:45pm shopping trip. The result? A last round of new flip flops.

I just saw Cam go past the window in the wheelbarrow. Somehow he convinced Gramma he needed a ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet the new flip flops left a big grin on Leah's face! Brenda

Brody and Carolyn said...

Love it Love it Love it, all the pictures. Some how some blogs make me miss you guys so much more than others.... this is one of those times.... hmmmm... well I can only count my blessings I suppose. One of them being the hopeful arrival of some visitors tonight. Give all the kids a hug and kiss from Peanut.
Ps hope you love not only your children's dad, but your husband too :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like all day entertainment. Can I buy tickets?
Shell