Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Vehicle and More Dirt



We had round two between kids and dirt again today with a bit of water down the boots for good measure (Leah's boots, courtesy of Sam). I'm thankful to report that by most indications, aka amount of laundry, the kids seemed to win this round. Man am I ever glad for rubber boots, Sam had mud slopped to the very top! For those of you who missed the initial round via email, the mud was clearly the victor that time.
And this is our newest vehicle purchase. It is best compared to a stretch limo in size minus all extra doo dads. I hope I have the muscle power required to move it:) While it may not be compact or beautiful, it does represent the seats and wheels necessary to take the kids for walks by myself whenever scheduling, weather and energy allow it. Some may ask, why don't you just call someone up to help you out? The biggest hindrance is the fact that Cara and Cody aren't on the same day schedule and so I find pre-planning something like a walk quite difficult to do. For me, spur of the moment, whenever it works best is not quite as stressful.

Well, a few Saturday night things to do yet (couple more loads of laundry and some general ongoing clean up :) I wish you all a blessed Sunday. As a note, at times I may refer to the children, the work, the house or whatever as simply "mine" I do not mean any disrespect to Steve by saying "my kids" etc., this blog is just going to be mostly written from my point of view.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from down under,
wow just so neat to read about what you have been up too and see all the neat photos of you kids. they are so cute. can i come over for a coffe?? iff only.... You sure are good at keeping us up to date... put me to shame and i only have 2 kids. well i am going to update our's now. thinking of you and wish you all the best
love from Steph down under

Greta and Gary said...

That is such a great contraption:) We still have to get our walk in. Call me whenever you have a chance to walk, and maybe we'll actually get a walk together:) It's not like we live far away or anything lol

LeanneM said...

Yay! You found one! Where? Looking forward to impromptu walks with you ;) And glad to see the kids won round 2!

Willetta Les said...

congrats on your new skookum wheels... don't have a clue if that's the right spelling? but you get the drift ;)