Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Thoughts of a Seven Year Old

I simply cannot afford to forget this conversation...

Cara's favorite place is still in our bed, smack between Steve and I, as cuddled up as can be.  If she wakes up in her own bed and we've already left ours she begs for a few moments of cuddles. These cuddles often lead to great conversations.
Other fun facts about Cara.  She reminds us so much of young Shelly that we do call her "little Shelly" from time to time.  She's quite pleased about it! I'm not sure what came first, Cara's desire to be a nurse or her delight with being a "Little Shelly" but somehow I can't help wonder sometimes if she thinks she has to be a nurse to be like Shelly more than she actually wants to be a nurse.  This morning's conversation added to those musings.

Cara: You know how I really want to be a nurse? I'm just not sure if I really want to.
Mom: Oh, why not?
Cara: Cause MOST I want to be a Gramma.  BUT THAT'S A PROBLEM!!!!!
Mom: Oh, how come?
Cara: Because then I first need to have kids.
Mom: True....
Cara: But I DON'T want to get married!!
Mom: Well, I think I used to think that to, now look at me! I used to think boys were icky and now?!...
Cara: What's icky?  slight side trail to the conversation about definitions and boys in general
Cara:  Well....why didn't God plan that we could all just be like CHICKENS????!
Mom: What do chickens have to do with anything??
Cara: Well, there's LOTS of chickens and they don't all get married to the one rooster!!!!!!!!

(Yup, there's new hens and a rooster on the farm and there is talk about chicks... should she ever get a husband he will need to be a willing listener.  This one is a ponder out loud child!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Cara you are so cute! I'm glad your mom has record of this conversation. It will be special for years to come. Love from Auntie Krista