I signed up with a phone for berry season because there are so many reasons to be connected while in the busiest time. Steve started calling or texting just to say hi and see how things were going. The first time he phoned he asked me, "are you standing"? I quickly sat down, unsure of what kind of news was going to follow that question!
But what he meant was, was I tending the road side stand. :) I was there often enough but I never did get completely used to the question or text, "you standing?"
For the first few weeks, "standing" was a completely crazy busy and totally fun place to be. Once it slowed down, the days started to feel a bit longer! Cara started coming to sit and play Uno.
One windy day, as I started to deal out cards, she advised me to just put her cards up her "short sleeves" to keep them from flying away :)

No comments:
Post a Comment