Raring to go - crossing over on the ferry... which is a loving term for this tugboat-steamed barge.
Better than biking any day :) This ride was a favorite.My focus is all wrong but these two had a fun day together.
This is the last we would see of our group behind us :)
Never fear, we didn't see too many of our group but because I gave the camera to Cara we got 51 nearly identical pictures of Cody riding ahead of us. :)
Once Sam and Steve passed we stayed last, went out 2.3 km, realized that was a mistake and went back that many past the ferry landing to go 1.7km the other way. By that time our absence caused a wee kafuffle. Oops!
Cody did amazing for finally deciding two wheel bikes are cool but that's still a long ways to go when your legs have to make 3489 revolutions per minute. Well, that may be an exaggeration but those little tires sure require a lot of leg work.
After he had biked a good 2.5 km I loaded him and his bike up and ran for a nice long way. When I met another family I asked them to please take a picture so I could have it if I ever needed a, "after ALL I've done for you" picture :)
Super group we went with! Thankfully we could get this picture after all the search and rescue personnel were back again. (Sam did the whole route a second time when he went out with Steve to look for me and the
Thankfully because of one person's kind offer we even got this....
and this!
So thankful for a safe trip on the highway and going the opposite way of the busiest traffic!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment