Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Birthday Girl

Who was quite excited about her mama and baby horse cake.  Steve even cut them out of a second cake and put them on the top all 3D like.

But to keep it honest?  I was relieved when a bunch of girls asked for seconds.  Why?  Because this was the first and third cake mixes!!!  First one got burnt...was going to use it anyway.  Second I made into two square pans because I wanted to make a small cake for our family.  They both got undercooked when I panicked about the first and so they didn't come out of the pans nicely.  Third cake I made because I was feeling so bad about the burnt first one.  But, all three rose beautifully and then fell when they cooled!!  AGGHH!  Anyone else have that with Betty Crocker cakes mixes?

Long story short the third cake was the bottom layer, the first the source for the two horses, the second - still sitting in the fridge and they'll probably mold before I get to them.....  Sigh!

Leah still had a hoot with the girls from her class in the church gym.

And they did ask for seconds.  A very encouraging thing indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before i got married I all my cake mixes didnt work out. So on my wedding day, my sister gave me some hints and I will share a few with you:
1. NEVER us motor oil
2. separate egg yolks/whites before adding.
3. put on your glasses before reading directions
4. Leave oven door open
5. Beat water until frothy

Hope this helps ;)

Leanne O said...

And I'm giving you the next cake :)

Marianne said...

I wonder if I could talk Steve's brother into doing cakes like that...
Good job!