Friday, August 19, 2011

Today was my dear husband's birthday. In keeping with what's becoming family tradition (one Steve is mostly responsible for) we made him a cake.

Leah made the cake. I chased the kids outside and decorated in peace. I know, I'm really nice like that. Send the kids outside when there's icing to lick.

Anyway, Leah and I agreed that a running shoe was the most applicable thing as Steve loves to run and for the second year in running he has asked to participate in the Hope Classic as his birthday gift.

Anyway, while I wouldn't dare show you his actual runners to compare, he does have silver shoes with some black and red on them. (excuse the cutting line, Steve actually had to remind me to take a picture but it was already one cut too late :) )
And while this isn't the best picture you get the idea he was surprised and tickled with our efforts.



I love you, Steve. It was our delight.

3 comments:

Holly said...

aww... I was hoping there would be a fabulous cake for the cake-maker. :) good job girls and Happy Birthday Steve! :)

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

WOW, that is a great cake! She should be proud!

Michelle Vandepol said...

love this! great job :)