Monday, May 9, 2011

Lots of Helpers

Friday I did the grocery shopping with my three youngest in tow. Fun times. I got lots of comments about all my big helpers. Somehow I can't help but think that nearly everyone who made the comment was smirking and was actually self congratulating themselves for not being caught in similar scenario.

But the real helping got started when we got home. "Can I help you clean up, Mama?" cried one helpful child. Which was automatically echoed with another two, "me too's?!" And help they did. One brought the apples to the fridge unmindful and unconcerned about adding bruises. Another brought the canned goods to our pantry-like cupboard and dumped them where ever there was room. Honestly, I'm not sure what the last one all did but the groceries were for the most part dealt with and out of sight.

But there was only one problem, I was sure I had picked up 4 cans of frozen juice concentrate and there were only 3 sitting in the freezer.

Fast forward to scrambling to put supper together late on a Monday afternoon. I went into said pantry-like cupboard to find a can of pasta sauce and pulled out my missing can of concentrate.

Let it be said that after 76 hours there was no frozen left in this can. But it did stir up into juice right fine.

Just maybe my helpers knew that usually I take my frozen concentrate straight out of the freezer, run hot water over the bottom to squeeze it out and make the first can hot water to help the crystals return to syrup. Yup, they were probably thinking ahead. They were probably just trying to help.

3 comments:

The Feijens said...

Thanks for the smiles...:)

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Yeah, that is it! Such good helpers. I avoid taking my little ones whenever possible!

Michelle Vandepol said...

very cute :)
and i hear you with the smirks. when i was in a postpartum frazzle with #3 i was gifted a pedicure GC so i went out. it was a bad afternoon, they were running behind at the salon and i was supposed to be heading home to feed him soon and then the girl asked about my life as is polite for them to do while doing my feet. i said i had just had my third boy and was a little tired. she wrinkled her nose and said, "that's an interesting life path you chose" she's lucky i was so tired ;) ha ha. conversation died. never went there again. so if you ever need to know where not to go with a bunch of little kids.... lol. see u tommorow