Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Victoria Day Part 2: Cara

I got a few more pictures of Cara. That is an understatement. She was not warm, clean or bored.

A little cautious at first. Toe curled up at the cold water.
Carefully checked it out.
And then jumped right in. And boy, do I mean right in.

Yup!

Her poor bottom half was so heavy! As a side note. It was cold at home when we left at 9:45 this morning. I thought I was doing my kids and I both a favor by making them wear jeans. I didn't envision THIS swimming at all. I imagined them getting cold and whining about it. So I strictly enforced the jeans and sweaters. Little did I know."My hands are dirty." And we all know what Cara does when she gets dirty hands. She makes a beeline for her mother and wipes her hands clean on her Mama's jeans. And after her hands were as clean as they were going to get she dropped her little wet butt right in the warmest spot she could find. Her Mama's lap.

She was cold. Poor wet and dirty little monkey.

But she was still so cute. See the little sand heart that had formed on her cheek?


She and Aunty Leanne went for a little walk to see the sail boat while we waited for Aunty Krista who was bringing some more dry clothes.
Then I pulled off her tshirt which added to the amount of sand on her face.

She changed into something dry and went right back at it with Tyler.

And figured her morning was complete with a few slices of watermelon.

One happy and tired girlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta love beaches, but oh the sand that gets in EVERYTHING..not so nice-at least the kids seemed to enjoy them selves a ton.