Monday, May 17, 2010

From a few weeks back

I wrote this to share with our Overduin family and thought it worth (RE-TYPING because I can't seem to do a copy and paste) sharing here.

"Hello to everyone from Chilliwack, BC where the weather is sometimes sunny and sometimes not. I will admit the sunny days are often easier than the not sunny days. And today was not a sunny day. By the time bedtime came around there were more stressed people stumbling over toys than calm ones stumbling over those same toys. In fact, Leah at supper tonight asked, 'why don't you ever clean up around here while I am in school?' I mean, pardon me? Obviously it's because once I've stood with you at the bus stop and waved you off I just stay standing there for the next 8 hours waiting for you to come home again. Really, I almost convinced myself (while looking at the floor) that I probably don't do anything that entire time!"


If I remember correctly she was eating supper at the time of the quote. If I did nothing else the entire day at least she was fed!

It's good she gives me things to laugh about.

Problem of today is that it kinda has the same feel to it. The boys cleaned up the living room floor really nicely and the babies came right behind them and dumped all the books back on the floor plus a few other misc. items to keep it interesting.

Cara is sick, not so sick she couldn't help make the mess but that was this morning. She has a fever again this afternoon, 39.7, and it's always hard to see my bundle of energy just laying around.

I'm off to do some more cleaning up. I want to make sure the floor is up to snuff before 3:45!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can tell Leah that Aunty Brenda only has 2 kids to make a mess, and it seems that we are always tripping over toys around here too!! Having a living room clear of toys does not make an awesome mother. You are an awesome mother, Leanne, so you just keep your chin up!! Love ya!

Greta and Gary said...

Keep smiling:) Hopefully Cara feels better soon!! And we're always tripping over toys here too...

Michelle Vandepol said...

ha ha, leanne. love it. refer back to my mother's day post to see the complimentary things my boys tell me ;) it'll make u feel better.

Anonymous said...

Kids thoughts are too priceless! be a note worthy one to keep for in the future for her! hope C feels up to snuff again soon-:)

patricianeels said...

Had a good laugh! I love your attitude :)